Ladies riding breeches are more closely associated with English equestrian ridding than any other type of clothing exist in the world. Ladies riding breeches are designed special for horse riding. The purpose of designing a trouser that is very close and fastened to the legs is to reduce the quantity of clothes between the legs and the horse, in order to avoid any kind of upset while riding a horse. Breaches allow the rider to freely move his legs, no matter how much movement he do, he will always communicate with the steed because of using ridding breech.
Breaches are designed to make sure that no rubbing will occur while riding a horse, that is why it is manufactured in such a way that they fit you snugly. The ridding breeches are made using stretchable fabric to allow you to move and stretch your legs with complete freedom. Ladies ridding breeches helps you to ride with more comfort and safety. By using ladies ridding breeches, your focus will be on ridding rather than pinching, chafing and sliding in the saddle.
What is a Ridding Breech?
An article of cloth that is used to cover the parts of your body from the waist down, separate covering for each leg is included, usually stop just below the knee, but some articles reach to the ankles as well., this type article of clothing is known as Ridding Breach. It is usually very close and tightly wrapped around the legs. Breaches are open from various lengths and to the knee, either by buttons, by draw string, by straps, by buckle or by brooches. Ladies ridding breach is a formal part of women clothing.
Ridding breaches was first used in the middle of 19th Century, in replacement of casual trousers, because trouser was very inconvenient for riding. Ridding breeches are widely and most commonly used for English ridding and fencing. They are also called as britches but somehow there is a difference between breach and Britch.
What fabric is used?
Just like any other article of clothing, breaches are made using variety of fabrics, because there are variety of users in the world and this is not possible that all like wearing the same fabric, people have different comfort level with different types of the clothing. Ladies breeches are available in:
- Cotton blend, most common type of fabric used in breech manufacturing because it is comfortable to wear
- Cotton does not absorb moisture; your breech will be damp if you sweat
- Microfiber is also gaining popularity with riders, very quickly, microfiber is very breathable material and absorb moisture from your body.
- For winters breeches are made using winter fabrics to keep rider warm against the cold winter
Breeches are sized in inches according to your waist size,
- For 2-4 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 24
- For 4-6 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 26
- For 6-8 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 28
- For 8-10 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 30
- For 10-12 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 32
- For 12-14 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 34
- For 14-16 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 36
- For 16-18 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 38
- For 18-20 ladies pant size, the suggested breach size will be 40
There are available in long and regular sizes. Although the long size of breech is preferable for the riders whose height is 5.7” or taller. That’s true that breaches do stretch but they stretch in vertical dimension, not horizontally, so if you are bulky, you don’t need to worry, but you must consider your height before selecting the size of your breech.
Where to shop?
Ladies ridding breeches are easily available on clothing stores, in every fabric and style, but if you don’t want to go to store by store in search of your favorite breech then order it online.
- For evening riding, wear breech of color white or any other light color
- For hunter class, wear khaki, classic-beige, grey or any other earthy tone breech
- Clinic, off white color breech Is preferable.